There are a few issues that shouldn’t be brought up at work.
When we all gather around the water cooler in the afternoon or the coffee pot in the morning, there are a few topics that should always remain off limits. The more controversial the topic, the stronger the reasoning is to not bring it up. More specific topics that you might want to leave out, such as…
- Should abortion continue to be legal?
- Should same-sex marriage be legalized?
- How relevant to holding public office is a person's religion?
- How much should the wealthy be taxed?
- To what extent should the federal government be involved in social programs?
Keeping the workplace free from controversy will help keep the employees productivity levels up. Maybe this is something to look into for your company.