Employee reviews are necessary and important to a successful company. Here are some useful tips so you can get the most out of your employee reviews come the new year.
1. Prepare before- have pre-made documents ready to evaluate your employee’s performance. This will provide a good outline and schedule for the meeting as well. In the document have a clear outline of employee performance so they can take a look at what they are doing well and what they need to improve upon.
2. Evaluate your employees more carefully than ever before- with all of us going through hard times, take a close look at your employees’ productivity levels and how you can improve your bottom line through them.
3. Have the employee come prepared- have your employee bring items he or she would like to discuss as so they can get the most out of their time with you as a supervisor. This way you will not loose time.
4. Establish goals for the new year- although reviews should take place more than once a year, have the first review of the year be a time for them to establish long term goals for the year.
5. Make it an ongoing process- come up with a schedule for employee reviews so your employees know what benchmarks they should be hitting to achieve their goals. It is also good to be checking in with your employees on a regular basis.