Everyone has their reasons for being late at one point or another. Some of the stories can seem quite far fetched if you ask me. Here is a list of the top 10 unusual excuses for being late to work from the Business Journal.
According to the survey, hiring managers gave the following top 10 unusual excuses they've heard for being late to work:
- While rowing across the river to work, I got lost in the fog.
- Someone stole all my daffodils.
- I had to go audition for "American Idol."
- My ex-husband stole my car so I couldn't drive to work.
- My route to work was shut down by a Presidential motorcade.
- I wasn't thinking and accidentally went to my old job.
- I was indicted for securities fraud this morning.
- The line was too long at Starbucks.
- I was trying to get my gun back from the police.
- I didn't have money for gas because all of the pawnshops were closed.
Do you have any other stories that can top this list?